Over the last couple of months I’ve been working on a book that I hope will bring knowledge and encouragement to many. It’s about LinkedIn (from a user’s perspective but not a user’s manual). While I’ve never done this before I’m guessing that I’ll be able to wrap things up and get the first draft sent off by next week. But I need some help!
I would love to get more feedback, ideas and advice from you! You can leave it as a comment here but PLEASE send me an e-mail also (Jason@JibberJobber [dot] com). Here’s what I’m looking for:
- Most important thing to know about LinkedIn, as a user: what is the one piece of advice that you would give me, as a new LinkedIn user? Or a casual user that does not take advantage of all the cool bells-and-whistles?
- Top 5 list of things I should know: similar to the first bullet point but this time you don’t have to choose just one thing. If you want you can give me a bonus sixth point
- Stuff to not do: are there things where you spent your time or money and wished that you hadn’t? What are pitfalls to avoid?
- What you wish you had known when you first got started: I had only 6 connections for a few months and found LinkedIn to be very lonely and useless. There are a lot of things I wish I would have understood when I first got started. What can you share?
- What are some excellent resources that others should know about: Scott Allen’s recent Smart Ways to Use LinkedIn may be one of the best single online resources yet… but do you have a favorite?
- Still don’t get it: if you don’t get LinkedIn, have tried it, haven’t tried it or are just plain unsure what the value it – let me know! What are your concerns and questions, what have you tried (or not tried), etc.
Just as I do on my JibberJobber testimonial page, I’d love to give credit where I can. So please think about what your signature area would be so I don’t have to guess (or misrepresent).
One final note: I’d love to include your stuff in this book! But I need to have you fill out an authorization form – please be aware that I’ll shoot you an authorization form as soon as I can (so make sure I have your e-mail address!).
Thanks a ton, this will be a pretty busy week for me as I work on wrapping this up – please send me your thoughts and ideas as soon as you can!