I had an idea a few months ago regarding my #1 favorite feature in JibberJobber, which is the ability to create a Log Entry just by sending an email to the server. We’re still working on other enhancements, but we I just saw one released yesterday that thrilled me!
Okay, now that we are on the same page, here’s the problem.
Let’s say that I email you, and that goes into the Log Entry I have for your contact record.
You email me back, and I reply, you reply, I reply, you reply… before we know it, there are 15 different replies in this thread.
Some of those might have become Log Entries, if I did the Email2Log feature… so your record has numerous Log Entries with parts of the conversation.
It can be too much, and there will be a lot of duplicated data. Not fun to sift through.
Here’s the solution:
You can now add a special string (or, series of characters) that tells the server to not record anything after the string. You should make a unique, weird string that someone won’t type in on their own… here’s what I did:
Set it up under My Account, Email Address tab:
This is a NEW field… I just saw it yesterday
Notice my string is a series of ~! … yours can be whatever you want, but make it UNIQUE (something that others might not create on their own… like xoxoxo).
Next, I went into my email and sent an email to myself to test it:
- The FROM email has to match a From Email in the setup page (click image to get to setup page).
- The TO email has to match an email for one of your JibberJobber Contacts.
- This is the special ultra-secretive email address that you set up on the setup page)
- This is my special string… I will create one that most people won’t even notice/see. This isn’t my final “Log End Line.”
Notice I want everything up to “this should go:” in the log entry, but nothing after that… does it work?
Let’s jump over to the Log Entry to test it:
- this is the email’s subject line, which is the Log Entry subject line,
- This is the text BEFORE the special string… nothing after the string shows up
It’s really a simple thing, but it will help keep your Log Entries much cleaner!
Remember, this is a premium feature… just happens to be my favorite feature. If you are considering an upgrade, check the specials/bundles here.