Follow these steps to import Contacts into JibberJobber:
1. First, you need a CSV file that has contacts. This can be from another system, or you can create one yourself (for example, from a stack of business cards).
2. Click Network from the main menu.
3. Click on Import/Export.
4. You are on the Import Contacts by default.
5. Click the browse button and select your CSV file.
6. If the file has header, click the ‘has header’ checkbox. To see the data before you import, and ensure the fields are mapped properly, click the ‘Advanced Import’ checkbox.
7. Click on Upload File (see image below)
8. Choose the date format (e.g. Day/Month/Year, Month/Day/Year)
9. Before you import you can choose:
- Specific contact info you want to import (you can bypass some fields)
- The Category for the new Contacts. Note: in the header there is a radio button. If you want a column as Category, just select that radio button.
- Map the fields. If the dropdown says “Choose One” then the data won’t get imported. Select the right field to map that column to.
- Choose a Company. If the company is not available in the dropdown, create the company there. Simply click the “create new company” in the check box and write the name of the company.
10. Finally, click on “Import Contacts” button to actually import the records. ANY RECORD THAT IS NOT CHECKED (checkbox on the left column) WILL NOT GET IMPORTED.
For more info see:
Importing a csv into JibberJobber: http://www.jibberjobber.com/blog/2006/10/05/importing-a-csv-file-into-jibberjobber/
Using gmail to import your contacts: http://www.jibberjobber.com/blog/2008/08/15/getting-more-value-out-of-your-gmail-contacts-or-how-to-mess-up-a-gmail-import/
Importing into JibberJobber: http://www.jibberjobber.com/blog/2006/12/07/importing-into-jibberjobber/
Preparing to import into JibberJobber: http://www.jibberjobber.com/blog/2006/10/05/preparing-to-import-into-jibberjobber/
Get on the next JibberJobber User Training: Click here for dates