Sree Sreenivasan does a regular tech spotlight… in this article you’ll notice that they did not go in alphabetical order and listed JibberJobber as first (first!!), even before superstars in the employment space like LinkedIn (maybe someone at LinkedIn should write a book called “I’m on JibberJobber — Now What???” :p) and SimplyHired.
Other interesting points:
- The name JibberJobber… I’ve heard a handful of times over the last 18 months from people that don’t like the name JibberJobber. But every time I hear it on a podcast, or radio, and now TV, people always talk about it. I *love* how the reporter doesn’t miss the opportunity to say that she loves the name (Thanks Tige, for the name!)
- The focus from Sree… it was so interesting to me that Sree focused on the resume aspect of JibberJobber. When I talk about JibberJobber I might say “and use it to track where you send your resumes…” but I usually don’t go on from there. I focus on overall relationship management as well as tracking target companies, which are two things that you do whether you are in a job search or not. Building on that idea, it amazes me when someone gives a huge compliment on something that I thought was a cute addition, but not the core of the product – like the simple expense tracker. The more I do the webinars (the next one is tomorrow morning, come if you can!) the more I realize how big JibberJobber really is.
- Really fun website… Sree says “JibberJobber dot com is a really fun website…” and “it’s really nice and easy to use.” These are two other things that I don’t really talk about, but it sure sounds good to me
- What they chose to show… Even with just about 10 seconds of talking about it, and only showing screens that are not part of the logged in section, there were over a hundred signups from New York and New Jersey – hope this helps in your job search!
- In the video they didn’t mention LinkedIn… but they did mention MyAmiko and Alumwire. The video looks like it wraps up with SimplyHired… so how did LinkedIn make it on the writeup?
Here is a link to the video, or click on the image below:
Thanks for highlighting us, Sree!