Job Search and Working Songs

April 16th, 2009

Here is an AWESOME FUN blog post that you need to check out!  Jennifer Anthony wrote Just for Fun – Songs About Work and Money, which has a list of 25 songs about work.  Jennifer says:

These are all songs about work. Working hard, hardly working, needing a job, hating your job, not wanting to work, and making money…

I love it!  Here are the first three:

Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots Of Money) – Pet Shop Boys

It’s Not My Place (In The 9 to 5 World) – Ramones

Manic Monday – The Bangles

Go check her post for the other 22 songs she picked out.

What are your motivational songs?

8 Comments »

8 responses to “Job Search and Working Songs”

1. Jobs says:

Back in the 70’s there was a band called the Strawbs who did “I’m a Union man – fight for what I can”

2. Lauren says:

It’s Your Thing by the Isley Brothers. Works every time.

3. Jane N-B says:

Best. Motivational. Song. Evah – “Don’t Stop Believing” by my fav band, Journey!

[the great thing about being in your 40’s is that you don’t have to worry about liking the “cool” bands ;-)]

4. This is great! I have been compiling a list of motivational songs for job seekers for my blog. The Rocky theme was a popular choice in my survey! I think it’ll be a great pairing with Jennifer’s post! Nice change of pace.

5. Kris Hoots says:

Love this! We have a current company playlist on the colophon our on website.

A few faves from our playlist: “Beautiful Day” by U2, “Overcome” by Live and “Made to Love” by Toby Mac.

6. Lindsey Lind says:

Great Idea -my fav has to be “Can’t wait one minute more” by Civ

7. Imee says:

That’s cool. Here’s songs that can keep me motivated about earning cash: Money, Money, Money by ABBA / Ms. Independent by Ne-Yo / Just Got Paid by *NSYNC. And the sarcastic Why Don’t You Get A Job? by The Offspring. Lol.

8. Rick Saia says:

* For a productive day: “Takin’ Care of Business” by BTO.
    * For a day in which I would rather not work: “I Don’t Want to Work (I Want to Bang on the Drum All Day)” by Todd Rundgren.