I asked this question on LinkedIn and got excellent answers. Here’s one I wanted to share with you:
What is the worst challenge job seekers face today? (see other answers here)
As a recruiter for the automotive sales industry here are some things that take people off the list:
- a cover letter for another industry
- a resume with no effort to show skill that would be relevant to me
- a horrible phone message when I try to call
- not remembering that an application was sent to my company
- not knowing one thing about the company
- defeated body language before I even invite someone in my office.
I am aware how hard it is to get my attention in the avalanche of applicants – but once you have it please be prepared.
I love an applicant who has researched me and my company.
Lots of oopsies here! Great advice from Michal! Lots of stuff to learn from.
Awesome advice! I love LinkedIn Answers… !